Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nostalgia

I'm visiting Maine this week. Man I miss this place, right down to the obnoxious accents. Towns like this in Ohio are few and far between, with the exception of Granville.

I'm watching a news report right now about the state budget and seeing a lot of my old sources. I even miss the politics here! Nothing in Ohio is the same.

Today I ran on the Kennebec River Rail Trail. It was beautiful out, about 45 degrees, a bit chillier by the river. I started where I'm staying in Farmingdale and ran down to downtown Hallowell. I was never a runner in Maine but I walked the dogs on the path all the time. It's gorgeous.

I'll take a few pictures tomorrow of my old stomping grounds later this week.

After a long time in the car, my legs are feeling horrid. Yesterday I just did two miles on the treadmill at the Y here just to shake my legs out, yay for the away program. Today running was really hard, I was incredibly achy and sore. Four miles was incredibly difficult. I may try to get a sports massage while I'm out here tomorrow, if I can find a place.

I'm also going to head down to the LL Bean outlet to get some cool new running gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment