Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Rules of Lifting for Women

I've been a little lost lately in terms of strength training, how much I should be doing, how much of it, etc... Mostly I just want to maintain where I am and build endurance. At least, that's what the marathon training books I've read say to do.

I was doing a little reading and heard good things about this book, The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I've gotten through the first two chapters and it makes a lot of sense so far. Picked it up at Barnes and Noble tonight, had a gift card to burn.

And, it doesn't make ridiculous promises like "in just 8 minutes" or "lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks" like, oh, almost every book on the shelf. In fact in the first chapter the book stated that the program was neither quick nor easy.

That little bit of honesty sold me on it.


We'll see how it goes!

Training got off to a sluggish start this week, I let Lizzie the dog drag me for three miles Monday while I had abstract bricks tied to my feet. Tuesday was a little better, did two before and two after spin class, did them on the indoor track and my knees felt a little funny after.

Today I had to go to Columbus for work so I did MIT's informal run after, did 5 miles, and felt great.

Saturday we have six, and with that, no more single digit Saturday runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment