Sunday, January 30, 2011

A quick post for a lazy Sunday

This is going to be a quick post, namely because I just started watching Lost on Netflix and am seriously addicted. I just finished episode 4 of season one and all I can do is keep wondering "what did Kate do?? And Locke is a brilliant character.

First off, wanted to give a shoutout to my buddy Bill from MIT. The Marion Star, one of the papers I work for, ran a nice article about him. I'm also excited for my college friend Theresa, who is going to be starting the Couch to 5K program and blogging about it.

I had a great run yesterday, despite my Garmin dying a mile into it. Well, great for 9 miles, anyway. Ran next to a fellow journalist for the first leg and then on the way back ended up running with a really cool older guy named Bill who had all kinds of stories. The people in my pace team are all really wonderful!

The temperature was in the high 20s, which felt like spring compared to last week. (continued)


I really started to fade after mile 9. I thought the last mile seemed a little long, turns out it was actually 1.9 miles. My ankle/shin was really bumming toward the end. I got some special tape at Fleet Feet a couple weeks ago so I'll try that next week.

Here's my updated weekly mileage totals:










Here's to icing my ankle, doing laundry and otherwise being a bum for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment