Friday, February 17, 2012

I'm back! And reassessing

I've been a bad blogger, but something is keeping you folks clicking, I'm sitting pretty at 723 hits a little more than halfway through the month.

Like half the population, I made some pretty lofty goals at the beginning of 2012. And, like half the population, it's halfway through February and I've pretty much abandoned them.On a positive note, the gym isn't crowded anymore!

I think I'm going to steal an idea from a friend, and take goal setting on a monthly basis instead of yearly. So, I'm going to come up with a post of three goals to accomplish in March, and think small.

Thanks to an inability to keep myself healthy, my training for the Pig has been incredibly rocky. Because of some side effects of one of the medicines I was on, my weight loss efforts have also been stalled. (The jeans are a little tighter today. Prednisone, I hate you.) But not all is lost! I'm still on track for the full, and it doesn't look like I'll have to abandon my time goal, either.

Here's my weekly mileage for the year thus far:

Every time I've fallen back, my gut reaction has been to panic and overtrain the next week. I've had some calf issues this week, so I know that needs to stop. With three miles today and 14 tomorrow I'll be at 26 for the week, a respectable jump. I took a week off from lifting, due to a nasty cold, and time constraints kept me from my routine yesterday, so I'm a little behind in that respect.

So where have I been? I'm still running, still teaching, still writing. I may start posting some of my class profiles, just for kicks.

And I completed the Granville Winter Run Sunday with an awesome time (not as awesome as last year). Look forward to a race report on that... soon(ish).

I will be a better blogger :)

1 comment:

  1. I know how hard it can be to not overtrain when you have an off week..but keep doing what you are doing. you have some great training going on, despite being sick!

    ReplyDelete