Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thinking about a half ironman

(Eeep don't know what happened to this graf before) I've had ups and downs, but overall training for the Pig has not gone well, and it has me rethinking whether I want to do a fall marathon.

I'm not quitting. Far from it. I just need something new, different, to shake things up a bit.

Then I remembered the random thoughts I've had of maybe doing a half ironman.

So I started looking at some events. I started off on www.trifind.com, and started looking at all the official Ironman events. I fell in love with this one, at Cedar Point, until I saw the entry fee.

$263!!! #%@!!!! Label that one under: "Maybe someday."

So I turned to lord google to try and find another option. I mean, do I really care that it's a official such-and-such certified whatever course? Not really.

The basic requirement is that it be in the $100 range, and within 2 hours of my Casa de Newark, or Hotel Mom and Dad in Lakewood.

So far I've found this one in Springfield, Ohio Aug. 26, with an entry fee of $150.

Here's one in Mt. Sterling Sept. 23. Entry fee is $100. 

I'll do some more Googling when I have more free time and see what else I can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment