Monday, November 12, 2012

Playing catch up

See you in a few months, non-stationary bike.
Have I really not blogged since the Autumn Classic?

I'll use my usual excuse, I've been busy :)

This is one of four posts I'll have in the next few days... I need to write about my most recent trail race, the 1,000 burpee challenge I took on and some great new songs for spin I've discovered!

The election was... the election. Crazy busy up until the end, when we all got the results the pollsters said we would get. For a slight peek into my professional life, check out the fact checks myself and my colleagues were able to put together. I'm quite proud of what we were able to do!

But enough of that! Some updates on how my Musselman training is going (and other randomness that I feel like writing)!

There have been a few freak nice days but for the most part the bike has been shelved for the season (tear). I'm glad I got in as much riding as I did before it got cold and dark. But now it's cold and dark.

I set a goal of doing three lifting sessions, three swims and three runs or spins each week. Haven't gotten there yet, I will this week!

I've realized I'm not very good at resting. My initial instinct when I took some time off after the election was to pick up some extra spin classes. (I've got a song post coming.)

I am getting AWESOME in the pool. Well, nowhere near awesome. I'm still pretty pathetic, actually. Right now I'm up to two and a half laps without stopping, 25 lap total. Given that I couldn't even do the breathing thing three months ago, I feel awesome.

I'm really noticing improvements in my strength, thanks to my trainer. I can do 35 pushups, 47 decline crunches and hold a 4:00 plank. And some other benchmarks I can't recall at the moment.

I still haven't been running much, but every time I do it seems to come back naturally, so I'm going to keep focusing on swimming and strength and pick up on it in the spring.

Lizzie Dog is upset that I am not sharing my Wegman's salmon with her. I guess I could spare one bite.

Trader Joe's is finally open! Just in time for me to realize that I could find most of the things I missed there at Wegman's. But no matter! I got some ginger pear tea, frozen mahi mahi and cheap Gluten Free waffles. YUM!

McKenzie's seasonal reserve hard cider may well just be the death of me. And I have a P!nk song in my head.

Ok, that's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment