Saturday, May 25, 2013

Triathlon packing triggers OCD tendencies

Ok, longtime followers of my blog (both of you) may remember my finicky-ness in packing for my first marathon.

Add in two more equipment intensive sports and an overnight and... that's why I'm writing this a week in advance.

The Keuka Lake Triathlon is a week from tomorrow!

I like to make lists, and this one requires categorization. 

I got some ideas from this site. They thought of everything. 

(Why a bucket when a perfectly good patch of grass will do?)

(Yea, I do...) 

My list will only grow.  

Swim
  • Wetsuit
  • Sports bra and shorts to wear under
  • Goggles
  • Ear plugs
  • Swim cap (yes I know they give us one but this is me being... me)
  • Stuff to help me put my wetsuit on

Bike
  • Flower
  • Helmet (forgetting this is my biggest fear for some reason)
  • Unique something to locate my bike
  • Clip-in pedals
  • Padded shorts and shirt for bike
  • Two water bottles, full
  • Extra tube (I will be so sad if I get a flat)
  • Bike gloves
  • Body glide
  • Plastic bag for seat
  • Bike pumps, both portable and floor
  • Sunglasses
  • Tire lever
  • Heart rate monitor + strap
  • Tape (to attach bike number)

Run
  • Asics
  • Knee thingys
  • Calf thingys
  • Extra calf thingy
  • Hydration pack, full
  • iPhone arm band
  • Hat
  • Socks

Transitions
  • Honey stingers and chews
  • Towel
  • Sandals and comfy clothes
  • Snacks (See note after swim cap)
  • Rain gear?
  • Garbage bag
  • Sunblock
  • Baby wipes

Overnight
  • Comfy sleeping clothes
  • Extra pillow
  • Shower stuff, etc
  • Pepto and S caps and Vitamin I and, well, pretty much a mini pharmacy because I never know
  • Cooler full of water
  • Almond butter, gluten free bread and jelly
  • Basic workout clothes for Saturday clinics
  • Casual clothes for Saturday night and hopeful winery visit
  • Phones (plural) and chargers
Finally
  • Money because I will still forget something. 


No comments:

Post a Comment