Friday, September 14, 2012

Spin playlist: Digging up some classics

Tomorrow (Saturday) my spin students are going to suffer the consequences of one undeniable and unfortunate fact: I was a student of the late 90s/early 2000s.

Translation: Jessica got bored Friday night and dug into the trenches of her music collection.

I pulled out a few gems, mixed in with the same old same old (because I'm a creature of habit). This is intended to be a rolling hills class, with grueling uphills and super-fun downhills :)

I will be a better blogger... soon... life has just been a little crazy lately!

Pink - Trouble: Warmup


Walk the Moon - Anna Sun: Start of a long uphill, start easy and slowly add, use all three hand positions


The Doors - Hello, I Love You: Grueling two-minute uphill in standing 3


Pat Benatar - Hit Me with your Best Shot: Speedy downhill, pickup from 1:15-1:45


Matt & Kim - Good Ol' Fashioned Nightmare: I use this song too much but it's so perfect for JUMPS!!! :)


My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade: Another song I use way too much, but perfect for ROLLING HILLS :) :) :)


Glee Cast - Halo/Walking on Sunshine: Speedy downhill in 1 and 2!


Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Woman: Back to the climb


Cake - The Distance: Keep climbing with 3 pickups by 5 RPMs


Gina G. -- Ooh Aaah Just a Little Bit: Quick downhill


Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling: More rolling hills, with more jumps!


Matt & Kim - Spare Change: Short recovery


MC Lars - This Gigantic Robot Kills: Quick downhill


Big & Rich - Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy (laugh all you want, LOVED THIS SONG in college) - Uphill


Nelly - Just a Dream - Cool Down


No comments:

Post a Comment