Monday, February 25, 2013

An aggressive week ahead

I'm now into Week 3 of my cardio schedule, and it is exhausting, but I can already see improvements as a result of my weight training.

My speed has improved. I can run sub-10:00 miles comfortably, though I'm still trying to run at 11-12:00 paces to save my poor knees.

It's hard to tell with cycling because I'm on the spin bikes right now, but I'm able to sustain a 90-minute ride at 130-150 bpms.

I'm up to doing 1.4 miles in the pool, but I need to work on swimming more laps consecutively.

I'm following a half-ironman schedule from Beginner Triathlete, modifying each week to fit my schedule. I opted to repeat week one a few times to get used to the increased cardio. I had a scare a week and a half ago, a sore knee, but all it took was some ice and a couple days off and I'm good as new!

Beginner Triathlete calls for six days a week, but I am only doing five.

Here's what this week looks like. The original plan is here.

MONDAY
40 minute run
Downtown Fitness Club athlete program

Swim: wu:  4 x 75, last 25 in each is backstroke; main:  3 x 400; cd:  150 easy


TUESDAY

Teach body sculpt at Fairport RAC
8 mile run (increased to also train for Flower City -- 8 weeks away!)


WEDNESDAY
60 minutes road or trainer, all small chainring work, low effort.

Swim: warmup: 400 continuous - last 50 in each 100 is kick; main:  8 x 100, cd:  6 x 25, each slower than last


THURSDAY

Teach body sculpt and bootcamp at Henrietta RAC

Bike: 45 minutes - 15 warmup, 15 steady effort, 15 cooldown
DAT if I have time and energy

FRIDAY

Off


SATURDAY

Bike:  90 minute ride (I'll take a spin class somewhere)


Swim: Warm up - 200swim, 200kick, 200pull, 200swim, main:  1 x 1500, cd:  4 x 50, each slower than last
Run: 30 mins


SUNDAY

Off



No comments:

Post a Comment