Thursday, February 28, 2013

Preparing for PiYo

Since I've moved to Rochester, I've expanded the classes I teach beyond cycling.

Tonight, I have the two new formats I've learned, body sculpt, which I adore teaching, and a bootcamp-style class, which is fun as well.

Sunday I'm going to be certified in yet another format, PiYo.

This is a pilates-yoga combo. I adore Pilates but bemoan yoga (I'm debating going to a class tonight, but 45 minutes sounds like eternity). I enjoy doing it but I get bored at the same time, so we'll see how it goes. I have loved the PiYo classes I've taken, they've struck a good balance.

It's taught by BeachBody, which also does TurboKick -- something I might pursue as well. It's a one-day training. I've already read through the manual, it's going to be an intense 8 hours.

I've heard good things, we'll see how it goes!

Training update: I took yesterday off, was beyond exhausted. Now I've got a packed few days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment