Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bike shopping, swimming mojo and speedy speediness

BIKE!

I'm in love with a Cannondale.

The IRS sure is taking it's sweet time, but I've begun the process of shopping for a road bike. Once the tax return hits my account, whatever model I'm decided on is mine.

(Addendum: In the three days it's taking me to write this post... yea I've been kind of lazy... I've gotten notice that I'll have my refund within 21 days. Hurry up, got a du at the end of April!)

With a $1,000 budget, the options are limited, but a starter road bike still beats a hybrid (thank you mom, for lending it to me.) Heck, a got through an entire Century ride on the thing though! (Only took me 8 hours.)

I've looked at two different Trek Lexa's. They were ok, felt crazy light compared to the hybrid, but there was no a-ha moment. I loved the Cannondale I tried out. I don't remember the model, I think it was this one, I'll update later. It was light and it handled really well.

Bert's Bikes had an amazing selection, that's where I tried the Cannondale. I loved loved loved Full Moon Vista Bike and Sport in the South Wedge, they really took their time in fitting me. I didn't really care for the Trek I tried there though. I might check out their shifting clinic next Saturday!

Come on, IRS (and Spring.)


SWIM!

I was always jealous of other swimmers. It seemed so smooth and so peaceful, where I've always felt so choppy in the water.

I finally did a 1,500 straight in the pool last Monday and it actually felt really great.

Tonight I'm doing 2,000. 40 laps. **CRINGE**

...and that's where I stopped writing when I abandoned this post before. I did the 2,000 and it felt AWESOME! I felt so natural and smooth in the pool. The back and forth and back and forth and back and forth of it all got to me, I'm excited/nervous to swim in open water.


RUN :)

Another post is coming (it will again take a few days at the rate I'm going) on another insane plan (or six) but I am just thrilled with my running.

A week and a half ago I did the Johnny's five-miler downtown. I crushed it.

I ran negative splits the entire way:
Mile 1: 9:25
Mile 2: 9:16
Mile 3: 9:05
Mile 4: 8:25
Mile 5: 7:55

I'm trying to be a good girl and train at 12:00. My training partner, Megan D. and I, are slowly getting up to the half marathon distance. We've got our 10-miler soon. Very soon.

Dear Musselman: Bring it.





No comments:

Post a Comment