Sunday, March 31, 2013

Strength on the road: Spring forward 15K

As any runner knows all too well, race registration fees add up. So I had full intentions of sitting out the Spring Forward 15K Saturday.

But Friday I stepped out to walk Liz, and I saw that strange bright yellow shiny thing in the sky that we haven't seen much of this winter. So I drove over to Fleet Feet and wrote out a check.

It was freezing Saturday morning in Mendon, but the sun was shining which instantly put me in a good mood. I ran most of the 9.3 miles with Traci from work, which was great motivation to keep going up the hills (of which there were many.)

We kept a steady 9:50 pace that I felt comfortable with, further proof that I'm speeding up, yay! I still like training at a slower pace, but enjoy being able to race faster.

Since I have two half marathons back to back, I'll take one at a 12:00 pace.

Getting prepared for another long week of training, adapted from Beginner Triathlete:

MONDAY
S: Warmup 5 x 50
Main: 2 x 1000, both are RPE 4
Cool down: 250 easy
B: 45 minutes easy
MAYBE DFC Athlete

TUESDAY
10 mile run with Megan


WEDNESDAY
Cycle, sculpt and center class
S: wu: 300 continuous- (alternate 25 swim, 25 kick)
main: 20 x 75 hold constant pace for each-so judge pace in the first few,
cd: 200 easy

THURSDAY
OFF

MAYBE DFC Athlete


FRIDAY
Performance cycle and core - teach

S:  wu: 200swim, 200kick, 200pull, 200swim
main: 1 x 1500
cd: 4 x 50, each slower than last


SATURDAY
B: 2 hour long ride, hopefully outside!
R: 6 mile easy run--not immediately after the bike

MAYBE DFC Athlete


SUNDAY
OFF

No comments:

Post a Comment