Thursday, March 21, 2013

Race registrations for SUMMER!!!

This long overdue blog post is brought to you by the sound effect "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

(Addendum: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!)

My New York State tax return hit my bank account this morning. And before I could second guess myself (or blow the money elsewhere) I REGISTERED FOR MY FIRST HALF-IRONMAN.

#ohdeargawdwhatdidijustdo

I also signed up for the Keuka Lake sprint triathlon as a warmup. Now I just need to settle on an Olympic distance sometime in late June. There are a few options.

I've been feeling confident with my training. On Saturday, I did a speedy five miler, coming in at 45:49 with the fastest mile at 7:55. Monday I did an 8-mile run with no pain. I also did a 1500 in the pool mostly continuous.

I haven't been spending much time on the bike, but that will change once the weather breaks!

So here's what my race schedule looks like:
April 27: Flower City du: 3.1 mile run, 20 mile bike, 3.1 mile run
April 28: Flower City half marathon: 13.1 mile run
June 2: Keuka Lake triathlon - .46 mile swim, 13.6 mile bike, 3.1 mile run
July 14: Musselman half iron: 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run

Time to get excited again!

No comments:

Post a Comment