Monday, March 4, 2013

Triathlon training Week 2

Last week, I learned that the triathlon program I'm attempting to follow is way to aggressive.

So, I'm going to continue this week with some modifications. I'm going to cut out most of the bike time, and slowly add it back in in coming weeks.

My goal this week is to start doing 15 minutes a day of PiYo training to slowly start building up my routine. In addition I'm going to hunker down to keep gluten and processed foods from my diet. I've been really slipping!

MONDAY

RUN: 40 minutes. 10 minute warm up, then do 20 second strides before returning to RPE 3 pace. Repeat strides every 5 minute until end of run

TEACH: Total body
IF TIME AND ENERGY: DAT



TUESDAY
RUN: 30 minutes easy pace, RPE 3

SWIM: wu: 6 x 100, concentrating on different part of stroke each 100
            main: 4 x 400, keeping each 400 even pace, (alternate 3 x 400)
            cd: 2 x 150 pull


WEDNESDAY
SWIM: wu: 5 x 50 continuous, odds are breathe every side, evens bilateral.
            main: 2 x 500, 1 is RPE4, 2 is RPE 6
            cd: 250 easy
TEACH: Total body

THURSDAY
DAT if energy

FRIDAY
Teach cycling (50 mins bike time)

SWIM: wu: 300 continuous. concentrate on form weaknesses.
            main: 10 x 100 descend 1-5 and 5-10
            cd: 200 continuous, alternate 50kick, 50 swim)



SATURDAY
DAT if energy

RUN: 60 mins easy
BIKE: 90 mins


SUNDAY
OFF

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing helpfull information with us. i would like to download and listen more songs. one of my favourite song is www.soundqueen.us free mp3 download site

    ReplyDelete