Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Packing list for Musselman

I've secretly been making my packing list for about a month.

I'm living with a never ending paranoia that I'll forget something.

I don't know why I'm so scared of forgetting my helmet, but I seriously have nightmares about it!

Using my packing list from the Keuka Lake Triathlon as a guide, here's what I need. It's a longer trip, which basically means more clothes and a good book! I also need to get to MedVed to buy more fuel!


SWIM:

  • Wetsuit
  • Sports bra and shorts to wear under
  • Goggles
  • Cooking spray
  • Sandals to wear beforehand
  • Garmin and heart rate monitor
  • Garmin charger

I probably won't need ear plugs, I don't get swimmers ear in open water, or a swim cap, they'll give me one, but I'll likely bring both anyway.

BIKE:

  • Flower
  • Helmet
  • Unique towel
  • Clips
  • Padded shorts and sleeveless jersey
  • Two water bottles
  • Possibly a small cooler to keep bike water cool?
  • Extra tube
  • Bike gloves
  • Body glide
  • Plastic bag for seat
  • Floor pump
  • Portable pump
  • Sunglasses
  • Tire lever
  • Tape, in case I need to attach bike number
  • Real food for fuel


RUN

  • Asics
  • Knee thingys
  • Calf thingys
  • Extra calf thingy
  • Hydration pack
  • iPhone arm band
  • Hat
  • Socks
  • Extra socks

TRANSITIONS

  • Gels, chews, at least some need to be caffeinated 
  • Extra towel
  • Comfy clothes to change into after
  • Garbage bag in case it's raining
  • Sunblock
  • Baby wipes

OVERNIGHT

  • Fans
  • Comfy sleeping clothes
  • Clothes and toiletries for three nights
  • Shower stuff
  • Pepto and meds
  • Freezer bag
  • Almond butter, rice cakes
  • Phones and chargers
  • Extra pillow and blanket
  • Wallet


No comments:

Post a Comment