Wednesday, June 22, 2011

July will be busy!

Major ALERT!!! The price of the Columbus Marathon goes up after June 30. So once I get paid I'll have a few days to decide if I want to seal the deal. I've been tempted by a few other October marathons, but my gut is telling me to go with Columbus!

In the meantime the stars have aligned to show four races in four weeks, all while starting Crossfit classes! (Yay for race comps!)


Two of my local running buddies, including Tracy who blogs here, have raved about Crossfit training. Eons ago I signed up for a Groupon at Ohio Krav Maga and Fitness, which has a location in Gahanna. My intro is today! My legs are screaming at me for running uphills at the bio yesterday, so I hope I survive!

As for the races:

June 25: Urban Dare, an adventure race, 5-7 miles (I'll still go to MIT in the morning!) Our team name is inspired by a Bondiband, "Will Run for Beer".






July 1: Worthington Hills Firecracker Trot 5K... can I beat 24:27?? I'm not sure how hilly it will be. The best thing about this run: It's only $10! It's a Friday evening run, so I'll still go to MIT the next morning :)


July 9: Cinco de Julio cuatro miler, my goal is under 34 (an 8:30 pace)! It's on a Saturday evening so I won't go to MIT, but I will do a 2-mile warmup to get my 6 miles in for the day.





July 17: Greenswell Triathlon relay... guess which part I'm doing! Second opportunity to PR in a 5K. The Manic Mojo's will dominate!!






My next blog will be about the Tough Mudder, which I'm signed up for with Beth! I tried the strength training program for it and it's brutal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment