(Sidenote: This sounds even more pathetic when I put it in print. I have got to get a life).
Fortunately there were some good distractions... Some general observations while running in the same circle over and over.
- I tried zumba, and disliked it very much. I was well aware of how ridicoulus I looked in the process. But today I have zumba to thank. While I was running in circles, all the ridiculous looking people in the zumba class in the adjoining room kept me very entertained.
- Little kids trying to dribble basketballs that probably weigh more than they do is about the cutest thing ever.
- Fathers trying to help their little kids do chinups is also very entertaining.
- High school boys on the basketball court trying to impress the high school girls walking around the track by dunking and flexing is absolutely not the cutest thing ever.
- While we're on the topic, giggly high school girls that must walk slowly and take up the entire track are also far from the cutest thing ever.
- Tom Petty's American Girl is a really good song.
- I'm actually kind of sick of the Arcade Fire album that has been on top of my playlist for months.
- I'm still not sick of the new Girltalk album.
- I consider myself good at math. But while running I cannot count to 5 to save my life, hence...
- I love the lap button on my Garmin