Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Setting up the Garmin 310XT

My new training buddy has arrived.

My Garmin Forerunner 305 kicked the bucket late last year. Since then, I've used the Runtastic app to track my runs and rides. And it has worked... until recently.

Right now, my long rides have gotten so long that they strained the battery of the iPhone. Runtastic can't pick up my Polar heart rate monitor, which is becoming more and more necessary, And, during my first triathlon Sunday, I found it too cumbersome to deal with the app.

It's been real, Runtastic, but it's time to move on.

The Garmin 310XT arrived yesterday, and it's hanging out with me at my desk today, charging. (Now at 38%!)

Lovely stock photo. 7:08 mile, if only!
It can work under water for time, and it estimates distance -- but from what I hear it's not a very good estimate. It automatically syncs with the computer, and has multi-sport functions.

Maybe I'll go for a walk later to test it out. Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment