Friday, June 14, 2013

Musselman: One month out

The half ironman I committed myself to doing August 9, and formally solidified my fate on March 21, is one month away. Why did I think this was a good idea again?

A few thoughts as the day impends:

  • The longest training day so far has been just under five hours, 40 minutes in the lake, 3.5 hours on the bike, 33 minutes running. I'll probably have two more longish days like this before taper.
  • My first Olympic distance is Sunday by Buffalo. The only thing that scares me is the swim.
  • The 8 hour cutoff still scares me. Right now I'm looking at an hour in the lake, 3.5 to 4 hours on the bike and 2.5 running. That cuts it close!! 
  • I'm getting better at fueling. 
  • I'm still really bad at open water swimming. I zigzag like crazy!
  • I'm exhausted by all this, seriously exhausted. I don't know how people do fulls!! 
  • At Boulder Coffee Company working on some of the blog updates I've been meaning to do. Slow but sure progress. I enjoy the South Wedge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment